Thursday 10 May 2012

Enjoying the Days

Today is the first day of the rest of my life.


I am neither too little nor am I too much
I do not have to prove myself to anyone.
I am perfect in the eyes of God!


It has been quite a few days since I have blogged. I have spent a few days completing a couple of projects that I have been working on for a while or intended to complete for a long time.
 Now the first one began in September 2010 when we spent a week in Mackay with our son and his wife. We travelled there by train.  Whilst we were there we went op- shopping and second- hand shopping and we found the most beautiful standard lamp base. We couldn't bring it home on the train so our family very kindly babysat it till we could get it home.
Well.... it came home at Easter 2011 when our family came to visit. I went and bought a white lampshade for it. That's the way it stayed until last week when I worked diligently for 2 whole days and got it FINISHED! Hooray! It only took 19 months to get it to completion- and it looks great.




The finished project












My other project was a scarf, but an unusual one. It consisted of 35 knitted chains and joined together to form a double circle to wear round my neck.

It looks like this- only it's purple and bone













I didn't spend much time in my garden except to pick some basil for a salad, and roses and chrysanthemums to put in vases in the house.


Yesterday was a work day, and apart from going to work and doing a bit of housework, I did nothing too exciting. But it was still a great day. The sun was shining and the weather was frosty. We have our fire going to keep us toasty warm at night.
Today I made a chocolate caramel slice to take for our Coffee shoppe at the Art and Craft Exhibition that  begins tomorrow night with an opening night of wine and celebration at the local Cultural Centre. Then the Coffee Shoppe and Art Shoppe will be part of the next 2 days of the exhibition. I have volunteered to prepare and serve the food.for opening night.It's pretty easy stuff. We only have wine and cheese, dips and crackers and finger food.


So, there you have the story of how my last 4 days were spent. I guess one needs to spend time expressing creativity and have some relaxation.

Having a positive attitude helps me to leave the burden of difficulties behind and enlarges prosperity of spirit.

Let joy be in your heart  and go with you as you go, and let it grow within. And.... pass it on. C 

No comments:

Post a Comment