Monday 25 June 2012

Another Day In our Travels

From My travels

Today is the first day of the rest of my life 


I have 100% of the rest of my life to live.






This is a picture of Stonehenge- the place I most wanted to see on my trip to G. Britain. It was very exciting to see this. It was very busy and quite wet. We had a little luck here. A guide took us out of the line we were in, waiting to go to the ruins to another line thinking we would get in quicker. We found a person purchasing tickets for a tour. So the guide gave us free entry because he inconvenienced us. I didn't mind being inconvenienced to the tune of 20 GB pounds (that's $40AUD).
The Keep

Blarney Castle- the stone is where  the square arch is at the very top
Me at the top of the castle
Blarney house
The day before, I saw the other place I most wanted to visit- Blarney Castle. I was going to kiss the Blarney Stone. I climbed many, many rickety stone stairs right to the top of the castle. I got right to the stone and saw what had to be done and I freaked out. So no blarney stone for me. But I think I had already been gifted with the gab.
 As you can see, I thought this was a really great place.

We flew over to Amsterdam yesterday morning.- up at 3am. We were met at the airport and were driven to our meeting place- the only 2 passengers in a very enormous bus. It was pouring rain and was like that for most of the afternoon. We went out for lunch .Almost went into a coffee shop but the menu didn't show anything we wanted so we went to Burger King and had a chilli chicken wrap and water. Today on our canal tour we found out that a coffee shop is the place where people buy soft drugs and Koffee Huis is where people drink coffee
We visited a working windmill and saw limestone being ground into chalk.
We also saw cheese being made and tasted some yummy cheeses and scrumptious mustards.
We went to the Klumpen Huis and saw wooden clogs being made.
The Miller
 
"The Kat" working windmill












At the cheese making place

The man making the Clogs
We saw all these things at Zaanse Schans







The most favourite place I  have been at so far has been when we had dinner at Cardiff Castle.in Wales. We had dinner and a show. The food was superb. The singing of the waiter, waitresses and compere were out of this world. The lady who played the harp and the keyboard was the champion harp player of Wales. She had won at all the Welsh eisteddfords. We looked over 3 rooms of the castle. Two had been decorated in the 18th century- a gentleman's room where men retired to smoke and the ladies room. And the other one was in it's original state from 1492 that was the private residence of the Marquis of Bute

Cardiff Castle
This was taken as we
 arrived at the Castle
Ornate decoration in the gentlemen's room

Ornate decoration in the ladies room
                                                 Men used to smoke in here
Original bookcases in the Marqius' living area


2 ladies in Welsh traditional Dress

At dinner in the castle





These were 2 ladies who entertained us and served our food
These were our entertainers and servers

The keep lit up at night














.They had voices like angels

 This has been the most exhilarating experience of my life. I have learned so much. I have fulfilled a number of dreams. It is just proves we are never to old too learn new things. It is great to learn new things. Thank you for letting me share my excitement with you. The world is a wonderful place.May the peace of God be with you all . C


No comments:

Post a Comment