Wednesday 4 September 2013

Soul Searching

No Time, No Time....


I knelt to pray, but not for long.
 I had too much to do.
 I had to hurry and get to work, 
For bills would soon be due.
So I knelt and said a hurried prayer
 And jumped up off my knees. 
My Christian duty was now done.
 My soul could rest at ease....
All day long I had no time 
To spread a word of cheer.
 No time to speak of God to friends.
 They'd laugh at me I fear.

No time! No time! TOO MUCH TO DO!
 That was my constant cry, 
No time to give to souls in need
But.... at last the time to die.
 I went before the Lord,
 I came, I stood, with downcast eyes.
For, in His hands God held a book,
 It was the book of life.
God looked into His book and said:
"Your name I could not find.
I was going to write it down....
 But, I never found the time."

No comments:

Post a Comment