Monday 1 February 2016

Way past a century


Not an everyday occurrence

Last week as I passed by Coolabunia School I spied this Gigantic Koala taking pride of place near the  front entrance to this cute education facility It caught my eye and I hopped out of my car with my trusty phone and snapped his picture. I thought some enterprising farmer was using this unusual idea to sell his hay. I shared the picture with not a thought of any other reason for having this giant on display.

Then we had lunch at our favourite eatery and--- lo and behold we came across the same picture in the local newspaper.
 
Some enterprising parents and past students had  constructed this eye catching fellow to draw attention to the up- and- coming celebrations in May 2016 for the school's 125th anniversary.
it's to be a community event with activities throughout the day which will include a hay maze, a maypole (I remember doing this as a little girl), a working machinery display, old fashioned activities such as egg and spoon race(which was fun if you didn't drop the egg- they didn't cook them in those days),a recorder band (horrible tinny old noise, but everyone could play one).

Education has changed but community spirit is still alive.

 It looks like an event not to miss out on.

And what a great way to inform everyone that a great Australian icon EDUCATION is still alive and kicking- don't you think?

See you there on Saturday May 25th 2016 

Where Coolabunia State School, D'Aguilar Highway Coolabunia.
 
Congratulations to the creators. I'm sure everybody has seen it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment