Tuesday 17 July 2012

Sharing a word


My Love with a rose


            From My Garden


 If I listen with my heart, as well as with my ears,
I will hear so much more and respond differently.





Today is the the first day of the rest of my life.
I have 100% of the rest of my life to live.

I am a lover of words. Last night I attended a church meeting . We always start and end our meetings with  with a prayer.
 Last night Bill,s Prayer began with a word.
 The word Bill used was GUIDANCE.
 I would like to share that word with you. It is by an author unknown.... and very clever indeed.

Dancing With God.

When I meditated on the word Guidance, I kept seeing "dance" at the end of the word. I remember reading that doing God's Will is a lot like dancing.

When two people try to lead in a dance, nothing feels right. The movement just does not want to flow with the music, and everything feels quite uncomfortable and jerky.

When one person realizes that, and lets their partner lead, both bodies begin to flow and move together with the music

One gives gentle cues, perhaps with a nudge to the back or by pressing lightly in one directtion or another.

It's as if two become one body, moving beautifully. The dance takes surrender, willingness, and attentiveness from one person and gentle guidamce from the other.
Then my eyes drew back to the word Giudance. When I saw the "G" I thought of God, followed by "u" and "i". "God" "u" and "i" dance. God you and I dance.

As I lowered my head, I became willing to tust that I would get guidance  about my life. Once again I became willing to let God lead me.

My prayer for today is that God's blessings and mercies be upon you on this day and everyday.

May you abide in God as he abides in you.

Dance together with God , trusting God to lead and to guide you through each season of your life.

Thanks Bill for sharing this great find. It touched my heart deeply.

"you changed my mourning into dancing"
                           Ps. 30.12

 And so on this beautiful sunny day here in the  great land "downunder'" let us dance with God and trust that he will lead us in the right direction towards blessings and mercies and love and laughter. Life can be so much better with God helping us on our journey through the the seasons.
 And ... when you find your way to dance with God... share it -  pass it on. C



1 comment: