Monday 16 July 2012

What is Success?


                                         
A relaxing space where I sometimes
read, write eat, or think.

From My Garden


Success in my life is found in loving and  giving,
 Not in winning or owning THINGS.

Today is the first day of the rest of my life.
 I still have 100% of the rest of my life to live.

Lasting happinss does not come from what I can GET.
I find lasting happiness in what I can GIVE.


And that giving is not always gift giving, but it can be something like that...... like when I have shared something from my garden, or something I have cooked with my garden produce.
 But the best giving of all is
A friendly smile,
 an enquiry about a persons health or that of a loved one,
an offer to pray for someone in need,
 a card to wish someone well when they have been ill,
 a postcard to a lonely person when I am on holiday.

And...
these are the kind of things that I too appreciate.
There is nothing more special than a phone call from someone I haven't heard from in a while,
 or a visit from a friend I haven't seen in ages,
 a sharing of conversation about the happenings in our lives.

I've found age brings wisdom
 And with wisdom comes the appreciation of thoughtfulness and friendship and LOVE.
 Money can't buy any of these things.

 So.... today I pass these thoughts to you to share around and hope that you too can find lasting happiness.... and can PASS IT ON! C

If I am to partipate in the game of life I will need to appreciate each precious moment
especially those that have come from the heart.



1 comment: