Tuesday 24 April 2012

ANZAC Day

Good morning!

Today is the first day of the rest of my life.

Each day is a new opportunity.
Yesterday is over and done.
Today is the first day of my future.

We attended the ANZAC march and wreath laying ceremony. A wonderful crowd attended and honoured our brave Defence Personnel.... people are honoured, not the glory of war. Yes Mrs. Clinton, not many Australians have been killed in Afghanistan, compared to USA Troops killed there.... but to we, who are waiting for our children, husbands, fathers, wives,friends, relatives to come home, one killed is too many. For a little town, our Defence Personnel  were done proud. The nicest part is the children who have not known the effects of war, but who  were so reverent and proud in honouring our fallen and veterans of all the wars that affected our Australian and New Zealand Defence Personnel. They will be the ones to continue to remember the courage of those brave people. The sun came out briefly during the wreath laying. I felt my heart lift with the brilliant light that shone for that short time.

The Airforce plane flew over as the march approached the cenotaph ...guess who cried!
 The vets marched past  proudly wearing their Service Medals..... guess who cried again!
The last post was played...... and yes I did it again! 
What a beautiful moving ceremony. The Baptist Minister gave the religious part of the ceremony.  How moving can the 23rd psalm and the Lord's prayer be when said so reverentlly..... two readings that all Christian denominations can be united in. How moving that we all celebrated those precious live


Last night I spoke to our son. It is always lovely to have a conversation. We do get along so well. It's just a shame we so often don't communicate. Our blogs are now linked ,and each morning  I can look out of his window with him, and hopefully soon, he will be able to share my garden with me in the same way. I love our garden. Gardening is so good for the soul. I try to spend some time there each day. Even if it is only on the deck amongst my pot plants and hanging baskets while I am drinking my chai latte.

And I spoke to my sister, who rings me every second week. We usually speak for an hour in her "my hour" which is free. I have that too on my mobile but for some reason I have this problem initiating a conversation. I'm fine if someone rings me or I pluck up the courage to make the first move. So I write letters, (which our children seem to hate. So they don't answer in any form at all eventhough they spend so much time on computers, mobiles, land lines).  And my sister always has news of the family which is so good. Sometimes the news is good and sometimes not so good. This week it was positive. So of course I am praying for that to continue. She has two beautiful, very young, Great Grand Children that she shares with me each time she rings, which I really appreciate.

So the world is alright. So full of kind caring, people. And that is God in our life! How lucky to be touched by God so many times in a day.  For that I say thank you God for touching my life so often.

So dear world, I hope your life is touched by God as many times as mine is each day. The world would be so much richer for having had that loving touch. Don't forget, that each time our children kiss us or tell us they love us.... That is God touching our lives...Pass it on! C.

The Defence Personnel in my life.





  

My Uncle Ernie Bemnnedick





My Uncle Frank Bennedick

My Dad James Bennedick


My husband Nigel Young







My Aunty Clarice

No comments:

Post a Comment