Thursday 26 April 2012

A Sunny Day

Today is the first day of the rest of my life.

I am enthusiastic about life.
I am filled with energy and
optimism.

Today was positive and productive! Good stuff!

We went off early to mow two lawns. What a good mow. They looked so beautiful when we had finished. That's the good part about doing that sort of work. You can see improvement in a short amount of time.

The sun came out today after a few days of being overcast. The world seemed so much more beautiful. I felt so much happier looking out at lovely bright sunshine. We had our first really cold day today. I wore a warm shirt and long pants most of the day. Had lots of wood chopped today. I helped stack it ready for our fire when it gets really cold. I love our fire in winter. It makes our living area so toasty and warm. We don't even notice when it is cold outside. I love winter here because I can own lots of winter clothes, warm hats,overcoats, scarves. I didn't own any of those things before we came here. So my wardrobe has expanded.

Of course I spent more time in the garden with my favourite job - pruning. I pruned the other jasmine tree, and all my branches from yesterday and today were mulched to put on my garden. I try not to waste anything, including the dust from the wood chop and the tiny chips that fly off the wood. All get dug into the soil. My Mum always said "waste not want not." Not sure that is what happens, but my conscience always feels good when I can use as much as I can.  

And I spent time watering the second half of my garden. We have been promised rain for the weekend and early next week That will be lovely. I'm sure my garden will be grateful for a lovely drop of H20 au naturale.

Well after such a good day I should sleep like a top. Have to be positive about things, now.

So I wish you all joy and peace . C

No comments:

Post a Comment